JINGLE ON MY SON!

JINGLE ON MY SON!
A doughty champion of his local culture.(Poet Tom Hubbard)Your performance at the city hall was soooooooooo good! Christoph thought it was excellent! (Carolyn)

11.7.10

PHILIP LARKIN (1922-1985):


























'Mrs Thatcher’s great virtue is saying that two and two makes four, which is as unpopular nowadays as it aways has been.

What a superb creature she is, right and beautiful!'


‘Bill Wordsworth and his Hot Six - Wordsworth (trombone) with 'Lord' Byron (trumpet), Percy Shelley (soprano sax), Johnny Keats (alto sax and clarinet), Sam 'Tea' Coleridge (piano), Jimmy Hogg (bass), Bob Southey (drums).’ (Larkin’s favourite poetry sextet).


'Sent you a letter, but it had to go by boat I said I sent you a letter, but it had to go by boat, Er - pardon me a moment while I pour some whiskey down the inside of my throat.'

the jingling geordie

My photo
whitley bay, tyne and wear, United Kingdom
poet and raconteur