Keith Armstrong and the Don Forbes Trio
The Sawdust Jacks
Ann Sessoms (Pipes)
THE RED HOUSE, QUAYSIDE, NEWCASTLE WEDNESDAY 25TH JANUARY 2017 7.30PM
FURTHER INFO: NORTHERN VOICES COMMUNITY PROJECTS TEL 0191 2529531
from the archive: poetry meets jazz
LAUNCH OF A UNIQUE POETRY & JAZZ COLLABORATION
THE NEW SAFE SEXTET
WITH NORTH EAST POETS:
KEITH ARMSTRONG, JOHN EARL , IAN HORN , MICHAEL STANDEN.
SPECIAL GUESTS: JACKIE KAY, FRANK MESSINA.
BRIDGE HOTEL, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE , THURSDAY 5TH DECEMBER 2002.
Trumpet Don Forbes
Tenor Saxophone John Rowland
Alto Saxophone Paul Gowland
Baritone Saxophone Danny Veitch
Guitar Andy Pattinson
Bass Guitar Stuart Davies
Piano Alan Laws
Percussion Dave Francis
POETRY & MUSIC SET:
1. ‘Because I Drink Too Much’ by Keith Armstrong; music composed by Don Forbes, using ‘Bah Lues For U’s’.
2. ‘Afternoon In Amsterdam Bar’ by Ian Horn; music ‘Little Blue Eyes’ composed by Don Forbes.
3. ‘Sugar Daddy’ by Ian Horn; music composed by Don Forbes.
4. ‘The Poet Of Rain’ by John Earl; music composed by Don Forbes.
5. ‘Drips’ by Michael Standen; music ‘Rollano’ composed by Juan Lazaro Menadas.
6. ‘New Idea’ by Michael Standen; music composed by Don Forbes.
7. ‘The 8.5 Brought Us Ears And Feet’ by John Earl; music ‘Mark Time’ composed by Kenny Wheeler.
8. ‘Lockerbie’ by Keith Armstrong; music composed by Don Forbes.