JINGLE ON MY SON!

JINGLE ON MY SON!
A doughty champion of his local culture.(Poet Tom Hubbard)Your performance at the city hall was soooooooooo good! Christoph thought it was excellent! (Carolyn)

28.7.14

GRAND POETRY




GRAND HOTEL, TYNEMOUTH RESIDENCY 



GRAND TIMES - A NEW PUBLICATION 








































Featuring Keith Armstrong’s sequence of poems inspired by his recent artist's residency: 



(1)

From this Grand window
My eyes
Surf
Across the sea
To a world 
Of stars
And tranquility.

(2)

In Room 333
I feel free
To admire
The view
And dream
Of a Duke 
And a Duchess
And a world
Passed by.

(3)

The Grand
Long Sands
So much
To understand.

(4)

Ships in the Night
Passing along
Hotel corridors
Full
Of memories
And exotic cargo.

(5)

The gulls’ wings
Flicker
Between the curtains
In my room.

(6)

I have written
A Grand poem
On the Long Sands
For visitors to read
From their windows.

(7)

Snapshots
At Reception
Today
All my dreams
Are
In colour.

(8)

There’s a seagull 
In Copperfield’s
And its wings
Are wet
Full 
Of the drink 
And tales
Of the Ocean.

(9)

The dogs
Are bounding
RIght across the Sands
And I
Am breathless
With love.

(10)

I am 
Getting married
To a barmaid
Today
All my dreams
Will come true.

(11)

This Hotel
Is friends
And its rooms
Are full
Of kisses.

(12)

I give 
You
This ring
To wed you
To the Sea.

(13)

The Grand Hotel 
Is on our flight path
And the sky is
On the Menu.




KEITH ARMSTRONG

Grand Hotel, Tynemouth 

the jingling geordie

My photo
whitley bay, tyne and wear, United Kingdom
poet and raconteur