JINGLE ON MY SON!

JINGLE ON MY SON!
A doughty champion of his local culture.(Poet Tom Hubbard)Your performance at the city hall was soooooooooo good! Christoph thought it was excellent! (Carolyn)

28.3.10

paul weller

Recently, there was an excruciatingly hilarious YouTube video of him drunk with his new girlfriend, Hannah Andrews, in Prague. Weller gatecrashes a pub singer's gig, to sing his own songs like, well, a pub singer, and, later, Hannah and Paul end up blotto on the pavement. "Well… whoever had that camera made a few bucks," he shrugs. "I'm not proud of it – my kids were embarrassed – but I don't give a fuck. Plenty of people get pissed and fall over and end up on the cobbles. And it won't be the last time for me."

"People say that if you're still angry at 52, you're not an angry young man, just a grumpy old git. But why should I get to a certain age and go, yeah that's OK? Why do I have to accept everything? If you don't want it, say so and if you want to kick against it, you should do that as well, whatever age you are." He feels happier now he's older, "not out to impress anyone particularly, just doing my thing and comfortable with that."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfEcuthRNDs

the jingling geordie

My photo
whitley bay, tyne and wear, United Kingdom
poet and raconteur