JINGLE ON MY SON!

JINGLE ON MY SON!
A doughty champion of his local culture.(Poet Tom Hubbard)Your performance at the city hall was soooooooooo good! Christoph thought it was excellent! (Carolyn)

23.5.16

THE MONTH OF THE ASPARAGUS






















 





It was the month of the asparagus

and you kissed me by the river

with the rain flowing down your face.

It was the day you burst 

like a volcano,

gushing all over me

as we ran

down Neckargasse,

exulting

in the sky weeping all over us

and in the laughter of children

splashing in the damp raging day.



It was the month of the asparagus

when our dreams landed

through the attic window of Lange Gasse 18.

It was the day my heart rang

with all the bells of Tuebingen

and my bones ached

with the weight of memory,

the sad loss,

hanging over us

a mountainous cloud of longing,

full with the tangy moisture

of new songs and poems.



It was the month of the asparagus

when I zoomed in to meet you

with my arms open to the grand afternoon.

O what a day

when I came again to see you 

with my heart heavy,

riddled with the seeds

of creative delight and the light

of a stream of wondrous moments

pouring,

the length of Wilhelmstrasse,

into the very realms of hope.











the jingling geordie

My photo
whitley bay, tyne and wear, United Kingdom
poet and raconteur